Wednesday, October 28, 2009

:Thank You:

I volunteered to participate in an art show going on at my church, and the theme of the art show is "Thank You". I had and idea previously, and decided it would work with the theme. The idea that I had was to take portraits of Christian people in their every day environment (I call it their "natural habitat") holding a wooden cross to show that they are Christians.

I had the idea when my mom told me about Arthur Blessitt, who just finished walking through every single nation in the world carrying a huge wooden cross. He took the verse in the Bible that says "take up your cross" quite literally. This reminded me of the concept in 1 Corinthians 10:31, "Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." I wanted to capture this somehow. People giving their lives to God in everything they do, so I decided upon this idea. The theme "Thank You" fits in there nicely. These people are thankful for what God has given them, so they do it to the glory of God.

Anyways, I've got some photos I want to share. I shouldn't really be sharing these until my art piece goes up in November, but since I'm not fully done with it, I'll show you a few of the photos. Let me know what you think!

-Steve







No comments:

Post a Comment